On April 16-20, Cyphre will participate in the RSA Conference in San Francisco and conduct a special presentation that demystifies the role of encryption on Tuesday, April 17th and Wednesday, April 18th at 2:00 pm PT in Fornetix’s Booth #741 South.
This year’s RSA conference will highlight new approaches to information security and showcase the latest in security technology. The theme for RSA this year is ‘Now Matters,’ and features hands-on sessions, keynotes by security leaders and pioneers, and informal gatherings that will give attendees a valuable chance to engage with the forward-thinking leaders in the global community.
Considering the recent spate of sophisticated ransomware attacks, hacking of IoT, and giant data breaches which even infiltrated the 2016 US elections and could well repeat in 2018, the conference has plenty of important security topics to cover, including cryptography, the increase in cyberattacks, security in government, and the advent of GDPR (the conference added a GDPR Essentials seminar).
Topics that caught our interest:
- Cryptography is academically focused and refereed for mathematicians and computer scientists. Will offer presentations on the latest papers about the science of cryptography.
- Hackers and Threats sessions include discussions about the growing underground economy, advanced threats, APTs, new classes of vulnerabilities, exploitation techniques, reverse engineering and how to combat these problems.
- Mobile and IoT Security discussions on policies, processes, and technologies for managing mobile security in the enterprise, as well as the challenges posed by the Internet of Things and the implications of the interconnectivity of everything.
- Protecting Data and Applied Crypto explores how to classify, track and protect data in the extended enterprise. It covers encryption, tokenization, data protection regulations, DLP and threats to sensitive data, and emerging trends, including the implications of quantum computing.
- Security Strategy covers the policy, planning and evolving areas of enterprise security architecture and the management issues of implementing successful security programs.
- Technology Infrastructure and Operations provides a technical perspective on strategic planning, orchestration, security monitoring and vulnerability, security of networks, endpoints, operational technology, and systems.
A special Cyphre presentation brings world-class encryption into focus
On Tuesday, April 17th and Wednesday, April 18th at 2:00 pm- 2:15 pm PT Cyphre will do a short presentation in the Fornetix Booth (South Expo #741) called Demystifying the Role of Encryption: How to Achieve True Data Protection in a World with Limitless Boundaries.
True data protection requires security assurance from the point of generation, across networks, and in the cloud. Unfortunately, resources like firewalls cannot protect data, keys, and certificates across that entire journey, so encryption should be applied to create unassailable data protection. “Cyphre’s Law” states that boundless connectivity amplified by infinite expansion and subject to unbounded attack surfaces can only be brought into equilibrium through Limitless Data Protection that combines standards-based encryption with unyielding key protection.